My husband (He Who Does Not Read Blogs)(Including mine, unless I force tell him to) had a name pop into his head the other day.

It was a guy that he played basketball with when he attended Capernwray Sweden. He Googled his friend’s site and spent some time digging through the archives to see what path his friend had been on.

(Um, Scott? Hi. I told Matthew to leave you a comment or email you.  He said that was his intent, but it could take a week…or three.  Dude is rarely on the computer.)

While perusing Scott’s site, Matthew came upon a You Tube clip that Scott had posted. He calle dme down to the office to watch it with him. I was blown away.  Watch it to see why.

I honestly came to tears watching this. Part of it is likely hormones, yes, but that is not the entire reason.

I feel like my world is small. Tiny, even. That there is so much more that I need to see and experience.

At the same time, I feel like the dancing makes the world smaller somehow. That it shows how we are all connected, no matter where we are or where we come from.

I am inspired. How about you?

* The title is funny because 1. Matt is my Honey’s name (though I prefer Matthew) and 2. It’s Sunday. Jesus is sure getting a kick out of me this week.

** A year ago today: High DYnamic Range Editing (HDR)

comments

Comments:

1. camels + chocolate November 23, 2008 4:43 am edit

I posted this back in the spring, too, and STILL cry everytime I watch it. It never gets old! He has some other stuff out on the internet floating around, I believe–you should go to his website and see if he has any of them up. Great guy, that Matt (and Matthew, too, hehe)!

camels + chocolate’s last blog post..Just a Small Town Girl

2. Teej November 23, 2008 6:03 am edit

That was very moving! Just what I needed this morning.

3. Jen November 23, 2008 8:10 am edit

I watched that a few months ago and just loved it. Thanks for sharing it again.

4. Coast Rat November 23, 2008 9:02 am edit

WOW! Just incredible! Thanks for sharing!

Coast Rat’s last blog post..RUN OVER BY A TRUCK, I HELD HER IN MY ARMS AND CRIED INSIDE

5. Melissa November 23, 2008 10:43 am edit

wow….indeed very moving! thanks for letting us get a glimpse :)

Melissa’s last blog post..Does my door bell really not ring?

6. Michele November 23, 2008 11:19 am edit

Wow! We really are all connected…

7. anji November 23, 2008 11:25 am edit

I LOVE that video… i watch it every few weeks, to make me feel better about life….

I also decided to write a book based on it… well, not ON it, but because of it. I’m setting out on the world (on my own time, whenever my passport arrives! hurry up canadian government!) to rediscover humanity… to find things like this, that make us think not all is wrong with the world :)

My favourite in this video, is when he is doing his dance with the Indian women and … well, I don’t want to give it away. Watch and you’ll know. When I see that part, I instantly bawl every time. EVERY TIME.

The girl who sings that song, is also only about 18 at the time…. her voice is amazing. Have you seen his first video? And the outtakes? You can find them on youtube. His site hasn’t been working lately… http://www.wherethehellismatt.com though it could be fixed now.

Your world isn’t small… you are part of the mosaic… part of the grand masterpiece! Don’t make your life insignificant for each of those in the video, likely think the same thing. And they aren’t unimportant/small, are they? :)

Keep this video on your list of “must-watch-again” and watch it when you need a pick me up. Hasn’t failed me yet in the six months I’ve been watching…

8. Kami November 23, 2008 11:40 am edit

Neat! And man, the dude has been around. What experiences he must have :-)

Kami’s last blog post..Men- o- WHAT?

9. Mrs. Wilson November 23, 2008 11:50 am edit

That video is amazing! So cool how he got so many different cultures to dance with him – I noticed the Lisse, Netherlands one because I have a lot of family there – and it’s where my grandpa (my dad’s dad) was born.

So cool. I might just have to watch it again. And then show the other three people I live with.

Mrs. Wilson’s last blog post..Saturday Girls

10. Sharon November 23, 2008 12:37 pm edit

I’ve been watching those videos for years, but this far and away the best one. I cry every time I watch it. The music combined with all the gorgeous locations he visits is just so incredible.

I agree with anji – the best part is when he’s dancing with the Indian women. Very cool!

Thanks for posting it, and making me cry again! :)

Sharon’s last blog post..NKOTB concert – still can’t believe I went!

11. Elaine November 23, 2008 12:52 pm edit

I’m so glad you posted this! My MIL sent it to me a few weeks back and I watched it while I got chills about a million times, and then after some computer issues, I forgot about it. Now I have to go show it to my hus! I love it! : ) Thanks!

Elaine’s last blog post..Weekly Winners 11/23

12. angella November 23, 2008 12:54 pm edit

Yay! I’m glad I helped you find it again!

13. ELizabeth November 23, 2008 1:44 pm edit

We watched this in church, actually! It makes me cry with goosebumps EVERY TIME!
    Thanks for sharing!

ELizabeth’s last blog post..Pop!

14. Holly November 23, 2008 3:07 pm edit

I actually just heard about “Matt” this week and watched a video on youtube. Amazing!

Holly’s last blog post..busy as a bee

15. orlund November 23, 2008 3:24 pm edit

I thought I saw you hiding be hind those rocks in the Jesus video you posted a while back. You probably just cut out the part where Jesus says “And you sister Angella, I saw that that language you you on carved on the stone tablets of your blog”

orlund’s last blog post..Friday’s Photo: Bath Time Fun

16. angella November 23, 2008 3:25 pm edit

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

That comment made my day.

17. kristin November 23, 2008 4:15 pm edit

That is a really neat video, it make the world seem small to me, and like we are all the same.

18. mommyknows November 23, 2008 9:13 pm edit

I guess people are a little nutty everywhere ;)

My uncle went to the same bible school in Sweden.

MK xo

mommyknows’s last blog post..Damn Camera Settings … Damn Kid …

19. Kimber November 23, 2008 10:05 pm edit

I just saw this video last week. It’s very touching.

Kimber’s last blog post..Blog Awards!

20. Victoria November 24, 2008 6:56 pm edit

I’ve always loved his dancing videos, they always make me cry. I think it’s because they remind me that we’re all just people, and reminds me that I wish I could travel more :)

Victoria’s last blog post..Procrasti-Queen!

21. metalia November 24, 2008 7:16 pm edit

Wow. That video is GREAT. I totally hear you on the whole “dancing making the world seem smaller” thing.

metalia’s last blog post..Five years ago today…

22. The Over-Thinker November 24, 2008 8:37 pm edit

Angella–that dude in the yellow-striped shirt in Paris TOTALLY STOLE MY MOVES.

Excellent vid–I can definitely see why it made you a bit weepy.

The Over-Thinker’s last blog post..C Outdorked Me and is Currently seeking Delorian Wings…also– I have a few thoughts.

23. Tanya Duerksen November 25, 2008 10:06 pm edit

Love this video. Going to make Everett watch it. Maybe we’ll get to go on vacation. (I know that’s not the point, but I really want to go on vacation.) I wish I could dance like that – so care free and joyful. We all need to dance like that more, we might not get to in Italy but I am pretty sure it would be fun in my living room in Coaldale (with my kids.) Love ya Angella.
    Tanya

24. Amanda November 26, 2008 5:30 pm edit

I loved the video and have now watched all three versions of it. You have helped to create a monster! :) I showed the videos to my class and they loved the idea and now we are planning our own. Imagine, 25 grade six students dancing their way around the little community we are in…and during our field trip to Toronto next week. I can’t wait.

25. jess123 November 30, 2008 12:13 pm edit

Love it! I saw this great video on SF Iam where the reporter goes to Seattle to try and track down Internet and You Tube sensation Matt Harding of Where the Hell is Matt.com? Fame:

Find out the origins of Matt Harding’s fancy dance that has become a global InterWeb craze. Man, this guy has been fancy dancing all around the world for 5 years now, spreading happiness!

Also, SF Iam has a lot of other great videos you should check out.