I know I’ve posted a hundred or so photos of Miss Emily at ballet and I promised myself that I would take it down a notch, but I cannot help it this week. Last Saturday the girls were given their costumes for the end of the year recital and were allowed to wear them in class. I helped stuff my daughter into her sausage casing costume and then had to refrain from picking her up and nibbling on her.
Miss Emily

Seriously.

As if I can stop at only one photo.

She’s getting good at the pirouette.
Pirouette

Her hat was “itchy” and it started to bug her.

Itchy hat.

She was a real trouper. The promise of a treat helped her make it through the rest of class.

In addition to being a ballerina extraordinaire, she’s turning into an even more interesting kid by the day. She truly is three going on thirteen. While part of it has to do with mood swings that rival her Mother’s, the rest of it is comprised of how much older that three she seems. She holds her own with bigger kids (and adults), she knows her alphabet (and the song, of course) and can count like a mad woman. Her latest development has been adding adjectives to many of the things she says.

“Well, that’s a creepy alien.” (She knows the word creepy. And what it means. That’s, um, creepy.)

I have been remiss at updating on the boys what with the balletpalooza that’s been going on. Let’s remedy that, shall we?

We have Mr. Nathan.

Nathan

Dude is as full of love and hugs as ever and is absolutely thriving in school. So much so, that I wish that the “phasing-in” of full-time Kindergarten had started years ago. The days he is not at school, all he talks about is SCHOOL. Oh, First Grade. We’re so looking forward to you.

He’s been into the knock-knock jokes lately and his favorite one is the Knock, knock/Who’s there?/Boo/Boo who?/Don’t cry, it’s only a joke one. He’s only done it right once, with the remainder of attempts being full of “poop” and “toot” references. He knows that potty humor is always funny. That’s my boy.

Mr. Graham is as charming as ever.

Graham

He’s also been the one taking my return to work the toughest. You would think that the younger ones would be the hardest hit, but no. He hugs me at least three times each morning before I leave and while he’s hugging me says, “I miss you already.” GAH. He spends the entire evening after I’ve returned home hugging me as well, and spends the time in between accosting Matthew with hugs. I told him that he’s lucky that he gets to spend so much time with his Daddy; many kids don’t get to have that experience. That didn’t seem to make a difference and I’m left waffling between wanting to smother him with even more affection and telling him to suck it up. OK, not really waffling; I just hug him as tight as I can and be as present as possible when I’m home.

Oh, dear. Happy “Cute Girl At Ballet” post went all sad. We’re fine. We’re still adjusting but we’re getting there. And if we don’t get there, we’ll make changes. This is what we do.

Let me distract you with this:

Point

So cute it hurts.

comments

Comments:

1. Eric's Mommy February 10, 2010 4:28 am edit

Oh your babies are so cute. How I wish I had a little girl too. When I was pregnant I wanted a boy so bad and I am so glad I had my Eric, I love him more than words can describe, I wasn’t sure what I would do if I had a girl. Now I want to have another (sadly husband does NOT) I would love to have a girl. Miss Emily is so cute.

2. Rhi February 10, 2010 6:46 am edit

That little ballet costume is one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen. Emily IN that costume IS the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.

3. The Alimartell February 10, 2010 8:09 am edit

SERIOUSLY…our kids must get together. I really think they’d have the best time.

also, I love the ballet pics.
    (also…the little curls!!)
    .-= The Alimartell´s last blog ..I Guess I’m…A Bad Nut? =-.

4. Sizzle February 10, 2010 8:14 am edit

That ballet costume is so adorable! All your kids are edibley cute.
    .-= Sizzle´s last blog ..Laundry List =-.

5. Kami's Khlopchyk February 10, 2010 8:39 am edit

Cute costumes! And honestly, Jack does what Graham does to me when I leave the house for an hour. He just likes to play the guilt card, I think. Kids!
    .-= Kami’s Khlopchyk´s last blog ..TGIF =-.

6. LauraRad February 10, 2010 8:41 am edit

My word, your family is beautiful! I pray daily that I get to be a mom to a little girl someday, so I can partake in things like ballet and adorable costumes and PINK! I’d like a boy or two too, but please God, at least one girl!!!! :) I love you you wrote that if you don’t reach a point where everything is smoothed over, you’ll adjust. That’s the perfect attitude, with everything! I’m realizing more and more that planning is good, but life doesn’t always follow it, so adaptability is KEY.
    .-= LauraRad´s last blog ..Motivation in [3] Minutes =-.

7. Annika February 10, 2010 8:43 am edit

Sausage casing! I can’t stop laughing at that one.
    .-= Annika´s last blog ..Baby en Surprise =-.

8. Amanda Brown February 10, 2010 8:59 am edit

The costumes are priceless. And jesters seem quite appropriate for all of our quirky little girls. :)
    .-= Amanda Brown´s last blog ..Housecoat Intervention =-.

9. Loralee February 10, 2010 9:24 am edit

AWWWWEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE IS GETTING SO FREAKING BIG!

(And I STILL remember my first ballet costume when I was 4. Magical, it was. And it remains so in my head.) :)
    .-= Loralee´s last blog ..RED LETTER DAY! =-.

1. angella February 11, 2010 9:39 am edit

She’s over THREE AND A HALF FEET TALL. She towers over most of her friends…and I almost can’t pick her up anymore. *Pout*

10. vahid February 10, 2010 9:34 am edit

As a member of the Miss Emily Fan Club, I have no problem with you posting more photos of her.

Also, I can confirm that potty humor is always funny. Each year on my birthday I think, “Okay, so that was probably the last year I can get away with laughing at poop jokes.” Every year it turns out I’m wrong.

1. angella February 11, 2010 9:37 am edit

There’s a Miss Emily Fan Club? Awesome. :)

11. hillary February 10, 2010 10:25 am edit

oh my goodness – the last photo KILLS ME
    .-= hillary´s last blog ..And If I Could Remember If I Could Find A Place A Time The Space To See Another Way Home =-.

12. Camels & Chocolate February 10, 2010 2:52 pm edit

Whoa! I feel like all of a sudden, BAM, Nathan and Graham are miniature men. When on Earth did that happen??
    .-= Camels & Chocolate´s last blog ..Win a Weekend Stay at Cambria Suites =-.

1. angella February 11, 2010 9:37 am edit

I don’t know. It’s craziness.

13. Sarah February 10, 2010 4:09 pm edit

Your kids are too cute. And those ballet pictures? LOVE.
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Happy. =-.

14. Tamara February 10, 2010 6:46 pm edit

Just wait until the performance at the end of the year. The three-year-olds are always such a hit! I wish Camille was still in dance, but she gets so painfully shy and it wasn’t enjoyable for either of us.

I started a blog for La Coquette. I’ll try not to blow this one up!
    .-= Tamara´s last blog ..I would like to confess that until a week ago, I had not used an… =-.

15. Elizabeth February 11, 2010 12:07 am edit

I can’t wait to capture Sus’ next dance days. Her first time in tap shoes… I just about died. Of course my daughter is the only one to bail… four times.
    .-= Elizabeth´s last blog ..Just call me “clear” =-.