I was reading Whoorl’s Hair Thursday post this past weekend when I noticed an interesting button on her sidebar.

It’s a pretty green button that linked to Schmutzie’s site and her great post about the lack of commenting going on in the blogosphere. The great JenB was part of the whole de-lurking idea along with Schmutzie.

I totally related to the post Schmutzie wrote. The number of people who come here daily, yet do not say anything, is staggering. I added the button to my sidebar, but chose a shade of blue.

The Great Mofo Delurk 2007

As for the “mofo” part of the delurk button? I have not been known to use that term but it made me smirk. I do not tend to drop the “f-bomb” (No! Really!), but I have been known to drop the “s-bomb”. Out both my front and back ends.

Now, I admit, I am not the commenter I used to be (but I try!). This is due to the fact that the number of blogs in my feed reader keeps growing…and my free time keeps diminishing.

Driving kids all over Creation to school, play dates, swimming, etc. takes a chunk out of my day. Throw in the fact that I also need to buy groceries, make three meals (and snacks!) per day…as well as do my paying job and you can see that I would have to give up sleep in order to comment on all of the sites that I read.

However.

Today I will comment on every. single. site that I read. I just pray that our power doesn’t go out (It was out for TEN HOURS yesterday).

I am asking you to out yourself. Like you Tacoma! And you Ottawa! And you Gainseville! And you Glendora! The list goes on. And on. (And on and on and…)

I’ll even make it easy for you. All I’m asking for is a simple “Hi!”

But if you are so inspired, tell me what your favourite (favorite for you Americans) flower is. You regulars play along too. Let’s spread the comment love around.

I’ll start.

Hi! I’m Angella. My favourite flowers are daisies.

Daisies are my fave

Oh! I like sunflowers too.

Sunflowers are cool too

Your turn!

comments

Comments:

1. Beverley October 3, 2007 3:00 pm edit

I’d be one of those lurkers! And your favourite flowers is a good example of why – so much of what you say I can identify with, relate to, ‘get’ – my favourite flower would be the daisy too, followed by the sunflower. :o)

2. Robyn October 3, 2007 3:56 pm edit

Irises all the way….although I have a very soft spot for roses, sunflowers, daffodils, tulips…..:)

3. Amber October 3, 2007 3:59 pm edit

Hi Angella!

Hope all is well! My favourite flower is the Lily!

Amber

4. Amanda October 3, 2007 4:19 pm edit

Hi!
    Blue hydrangeas.

Love,
    Your friendly neighbourhood Mofo.

5. Heather October 3, 2007 4:23 pm edit

Hi! I’m totally a lurker :). I love gerbera daisies!

6. Anne Marie October 3, 2007 4:38 pm edit

I am a rare de-lurker but since you asked Roses…red of course.

Isn’t it amazing that you think when your kids go to school you will have free time and then it only gets crazier. Just waite until the Soccer, Hockey, Beavers and Sparks start.

7. Jude October 3, 2007 4:41 pm edit

I will delurke as well, it is the least I can do as I love reading your blog!!! My favorite flower would be the tulip, I just wish they wouldn’t die so quick once you pick them!

Happy delurking day!

8. Kaydee October 3, 2007 5:09 pm edit

HI! Happy Delurking Day!

BSTKOB (Blogger Seeking To Know Other Blogger)
    I am partial to green and purple Hydrangeas. I enjoy long walks in the fall and I love your Foto Friday. :)

9. Filtering Life October 3, 2007 5:18 pm edit

I love gerber daisies and peonies…I could swim in their fragrance

10. Karen October 3, 2007 5:26 pm edit

lol…funny post….i have commented like once before, so I only feel half guilty for not commenting on a regular basis….anywho my name is Karen….and my favorite flowers are gazanias!

11. Kaili October 3, 2007 5:27 pm edit

I read, don’t always comment, but read.

12. Lisa October 3, 2007 5:59 pm edit

not really de-lurking (at all!) but stargazer lilies filled my wedding bouquet, and what girl doesn’t like a bouquet of roses from her husband?

13. Hannah October 3, 2007 6:32 pm edit

I really should do one of these de-lurk posts! I have tons of readers who don’t comment.

Me, personally? I comment on 80% of blog posts that I read. And I have EIGHTY-NINE blogs on my bloglines feed. Yep, 89!! So I’m pretty happy with my current commenting stats. I only have 24h in a day! ;-)

14. Hannah October 3, 2007 6:35 pm edit

Oh, and my favourite flower is the daffodil. Followed by the iris.

15. joyce October 3, 2007 6:40 pm edit

Mine are daisies too! Both traditional and Gerbera. And Dahlias…in rich, dark colors.

16. shy Victoria October 3, 2007 7:56 pm edit

Roses for me ; )

17. Heather B. October 3, 2007 8:01 pm edit

Is it weird for someone not to have a favorite flower? I like getting them and sending them but I’m never like “OH MY GOD, The roses!” so there’s my contribution. And now you know why I don’t comment because I end up sounding dumb. Gah.

18. gorillabuns October 3, 2007 8:48 pm edit

snapdragons.

really.

19. Mom Shona October 3, 2007 8:56 pm edit

It would be great if you could see people’s faces while they read your blog – no words can say what a smile can show.
    I love all those flowers that keep growing bigger and better each year and I really admire all the gardens that are so thoughtfully created and kept up. They make my bus driving job a joy. That and all those cute kinder-kids.

20. Ruth October 3, 2007 10:45 pm edit

Dahlias at Pike Place…they’re the best:)

21. Kelly October 3, 2007 11:41 pm edit

Yeah! I am glad the delurking is working over here, bec it is NOT going so well on my blog… I see them lurking around but they refuse to say hey! :(

As for me, I LOVE Tiger Lilies…

22. Stephanie October 4, 2007 6:41 am edit

I have commented here before. I think I have commented here before. Maybe. Shit. I don’t know.

But I love your Foto Fridays. And I love your little ones. I have a little brother about your oldests age and some of the things Graham does remind me of him.

And you have great hair. For that I am jealous. I am the only member of my family with straight hair. WTF?

23. Hillary October 4, 2007 7:51 am edit

Hi.
    Gerber Daisies are my favorite. Especially the pink ones.

24. Angela October 4, 2007 2:33 pm edit

Daisies have been my favorite as long as I can remember!
    I found your site via another blog! Here’s to delurking!

25. Heidi October 6, 2007 7:28 am edit

Hi, my name is Heidi….found you thru a comment on my best friends site… (Faith With Feet)….and you got me, I am getting ‘delurked’…lol, love it, thats very funny…..
    My favorite flowers are Gerber Daisies…..love em…..I have 4 boys and currently live in Red Deer, AB. Keep up the fantabulous work….your blog is awesome!!
    Always
    Heidi

26. Mrs. Flinger October 6, 2007 12:09 pm edit

I don’t even pay bills on time, so please don’t be offended that I’m late to delurk here, too. :-) Muwha and thank you for stopping in over at my place as well!!