So! I had a horrible no good very bad day and I probably don’t have to tell you that getting it all out really is good for the soul, whether you write it on the Internet or on paper. Instead of bouncing around inside your head it is out! It has been set free! And if you do write it on the Internet, people will shower you with sweet comments and emails and, well. The world seems a little bit brighter.

Yesterday was kind of humorous to me in that as the day went on, my complaints in that last post were being eradicated. I could go back and edit that post but all of the scratches and notes would make it more of a mess than it already was and so I thought I would post an update in a fresh! new! post!

Let’s work backwards! Because it will be more fun that way. Trust me.

5. On that note, EMPTYING my half and half creamer and not replacing it earns you the “SPECIAL KIND OF JERK” award. When I arrive at work at 7 a.m., bleary-eyed and exhausted and shuffling my way to the office Keurig in the hopes that some java will get me jump-started, and I open the fridge to see that the container of half and half that I bought TWO DAYS AGO is GONE (GONE!)(FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME), I might find myself so filled with rage that I may (consider putting a container of soured creamer in the fridge to harm you, and) send a testy email/burst into tears.

The partner that I currently work for called the (young, single, male, student) half and half stealing perp into his office (I asked him not to!) and from what he’s told me of the conversation, he explained to the young lad that women are a different creature and sometimes things build up and then there is that ONE THING that is the straw that breaks the camel’s back. I soon got an email apology and there is now a MASSIVE container of creamer in the office fridge as a peace offering. I’m equal parts mortified and thankful that my boss stepped in and said something. (He’s a big teddy bear.)

3. Back pain. I’m not sure exactly what I did at my Tuesday morning Boot Camp but my back and shoulder got tighter as the day went on and by the time I went to bed it felt like there was a knife sticking out of my left shoulder blade (it still feels that way). I spent the entire night sleeping in the only position that didn’t cause pain to shoot out of my shoulder – flat on my back, hands straight down my side, not unlike a bobsledder. For a girl who likes to sleep on her stomach with one foot sticking out of the duvet as “air conditioning”, that sleeping position (and the pain every time I tried to move) was more akin to torture than a restful endeavor.

I get $500 a year ($500 A YEAR) in massage therapy covered by my firm’s health policy and I have not gone ONCE in the fourteen months that I’ve been working there. After yet another horrible sleep, I had a coworker text her rock star massage therapist yesterday and he had an opening. I am not 100%, but I no longer wince with every step and I’m going back again on Monday.

And! Just in case you don’t follow me on Twitter, or even if you do, this last update is kind of huge.

1. There’s the whole work thing. I’m done my contract at the end of next month (NEXT MONTH) and I have NO IDEA what (accounting-related) work I’ll be doing then, if any. Will the contract agency I used to work for hire me back on? WHO KNOWS? Will that sweet job I applied for pan out? (IT DID NOT – that update was for those of you wondering). Will another job magically appear in the wasteland of this economy? Is this maybe a good time to ramp up my freelance work and bid accounting adieu? (I doubt it.) Will I end up on Employment Insurance and use that time to catch up on daytime soaps and drown my sorrows in Doritos? (MAYBE.) The circle of scenarios is running constantly in the hamster wheel of my brain and leaving me with a tight chest and low-grade nausea. IT’S AS FUN AS IT SOUNDS.

Shortly after 9 a.m. PST, the senior partner of my firm (who I used to work for ten years ago when we first moved here) asked me to come into his office. Long story short, he offered me a job to co-manage with his current manager (a good friend of mine) and, yeah. I get to stay working with the people who have known me since before I had kids and I get to be flexible with my hours in the summer and I PRETTY MUCH HAVE THE BEST JOB EVER.

Now that we know what The Plan is, so many other stressors have fallen away. It’s The Domino Effect, Positive Edition.

I didn’t expect this AT ALL, which makes me that much more happy and thankful.

Have a great weekend, friends. I know that I sure will.

comments

Comments:

1. K March 4, 2011 5:48 am edit

Fantastic news all around! Congrats! You are blessed. :)

2. Sizzle March 4, 2011 7:07 am edit

I love happy endings. ;-)

3. Amy March 4, 2011 8:16 am edit

Yay! What a great ending! Happy for you.

4. Denita March 4, 2011 8:16 am edit

God is so good..and I love to see that played out in your life.

5. steph March 4, 2011 8:21 am edit

Oh man! I love when God proves His faithfulness!!!

6. Carla March 4, 2011 8:27 am edit

What an inspiring testimony of God caring for and taking care of us! (I needed to read that this morning)

7. Ashley March 4, 2011 8:27 am edit

Amen! What huge answers to prayers for you. Isn’t funny how God works sometimes? It’s like He waits for us to lay it out, to Him, to our friends…to ourselves and then says “Hey, I was watching, I am listening and now, I’m ready to give you your answers!” I’m glad all of your answers were postive ones!

8. jill March 4, 2011 9:01 am edit

You are truly blessed.

9. Kristabella March 4, 2011 9:16 am edit

Yay! Life always seems to have a way or working itself out!

Can your boss come here and talk to my creamer stealer??

10. heidikins March 4, 2011 9:24 am edit

YaaaaaY! Congrats on the job! That is so exciting!! :)

xox

11. Kami March 4, 2011 9:28 am edit

Yay!!!!!

Big hugs, you deserve every last one of these fantastic updates!

12. pdxhadey March 4, 2011 9:57 am edit

Happy happy day! That’s fantastic news! Congratulations!

13. Lisa March 4, 2011 10:04 am edit

I love it when things fall into place for good people. :) This was great news and put a smile on my face!

14. Kerri Anne March 4, 2011 10:16 am edit

CREAMER JUSTICE. The world makes sense again!

(Ha ha ha. I cannot even tell you how long I’ve waited to be able to all caps! shout CREAMER JUSTICE.)

But seriously, I want to see a comic book story wherein the happy ending has to do with creamer justice. Because stealing people’s coffee magic is bad news bears.

Also! I am l-o-v-i-n-g all the Very Good Things happening to and around you right now.

15. Mrs. Wilson March 4, 2011 11:07 am edit

so awesome
    So Awesome
    SO AWESOME

16. Tannis March 4, 2011 11:26 am edit

Love it!

17. Danica March 4, 2011 1:51 pm edit

Yay! Yay! and Yay!
    That was even better than the rant, and I loved the rant!

18. Hannah March 5, 2011 12:51 am edit

YAY!!!!!!! So super happy for you!!! :-)

xx

19. Elaine March 5, 2011 3:44 pm edit

I’m so glad I read your posts in the correct order and was smiling after I read this one (after frowning after the other one! ha!) Anyway, so glad you got the creamer thing worked out and the work thing too. Oh and of course that your back feels better. Now the hormones, well, that’s just gonna be what it is, isn’t it? Happy Weekend!!!

20. Mama in the City March 6, 2011 8:06 pm edit

hehe, I had a good giggle at the ‘incident of the coffee creamer’ and was happy to hear that the situation was rectified! I get unlimited massage therapy covered at 85% with my work…unlimited! You would think I’d be there at least weekly but I’m not :(

21. Allison March 6, 2011 9:39 pm edit

It is not the most amazing thing when everything just falls into place. Karma can be a great thing!!!

22. Rae March 8, 2011 12:40 pm edit

All of that is all kinds of awesome! Wonderful news. But I have a question: a few posts ago you mentioned the dog farts. Have you found a cure for that one yet?

23. hillary March 8, 2011 4:58 pm edit

I’m so happy that everything worked out! This post put a huge smile on my face.