Over the holidays, Matthew and I gave ourselves a task.  Our mission, should we choose to accept it, was to actually watch some movies. Our combined average is to watch a movie…every three months or so. We needed to up our game.

Matthew picked up The Dark Night and I was utterly and completely enthralled. The acting was amazing, yes, but I was also wiping drool off of my chin thanks to the sheer hotness of Christian Bale.

Um. Yum.

It is no secret that Matthew and I have no problem with celebrity crushes. Almost a year ago, we had the conversation about who our “Top Three” would be (ala Friends). But you people pointed out that is was a top five list. Two more! It has also been an entire year, and I am fickle, so…

I asked Honey who his top five were. Google was required to make sure that the list was absolutely perfect, and here is what he came up with (In no particular order. He wanted to make sure I clarified that):

1. Jessica Alba
2. Angelina Jolie
3. Charlize Theron
4. Megan Fox
5. Tina Fey (Yes, Tina Fey.  We have just finished watching the first season of 30 Rock and he’s got a crush on Liz Lemon)

Wow.  Not sure if I can top that, but I plan to go down in a blaze of glory.

1. Christian Bale
2. Josh Duhamel
3. Jake Gyllenhaal
4. Hugh Jackman
5. Matthew Fox (LOST starts up soon.  Yessssss)

This list is not laminated. Like I said, I am fickle.

While pondering this here post, blog crushes came to mind.  For I have those, you know.  Crushes of the Internet variety. I do not read many blogs written by the other species gender, but there is one that makes the list.  I will complete the list with four of the other sites that I jump to read upon seeing that there is a new post.

1. Dad Gone Mad. I had no idea he even existed until this past summer (I KNOW. Am clueless.)
2. Better Now. Kristin’s innate gift for writing inspires me to be better. I have had the pleasure of hanging out with her a number of times and can tell you this: she is even cooler in person. Seriously.
3. All & Sundry. I have been stalking reading Linda for years. I spent time with her at BlogHer and can testify that she is all sorts of awesome.
4. Miss Ali Martell. There is not a post that goes by where we do not email each other with “ME TOO!” She is my twin, apart from the fact that she is wee and blond. She also sent Miss Emily a box of Isabella’s clothes, so she is extra awesome.
5. Kristabella. Another Kristin, but a whole new ball game (Ha! Fitting). She cracks me up on a regular basis.

There are so many other blogs that I could mention, but that would be cheating, don’t you think? Heh.

I should add that I have nominated most of the above for the 2009 Bloggies.  Have you nominated your favorites yet? Time is running out…

I’d love to have a shot at it, as well as stand alongside those above. You have to nominate three blogs in whatever category you’re choosing, so the love gets spread around. Finalists are determined by how many nominations they get. Go! Nominate!

Now it’s your turn to share. Do you have any Internet crushes? Celebrity crushes? Internet celebrity crushes? Please dish.

comments

Comments:

1. Vixel January 5, 2009 2:10 am edit

Christian Bale is indeed a beautiful man!

Thanks for the blog links, always looking for new reads!

Vixel’s last blog post..Making 2009 Sparkle! Month 1: EFT

2. Mrs. Wilson January 5, 2009 6:49 am edit

I’ve done the nominating thing – it may have included you ;)

Internet crushes, yes, I have them, but my TOP FIVE is more scandalous. It includes men that are more than twice my age. Mmm.

Mrs. Wilson’s last blog post..’cause you’re there for me too

3. ali January 5, 2009 6:59 am edit

Josh Duhamel…mmmm…
    ;)

(love your blog crush choices…and not just because i’m on it. love you!)

4. sizzle January 5, 2009 7:05 am edit

I need to get my nomination on. There are a lot of good blogs out there. Thanks for the linkage! ;-)

The thing about Christian Bale in the Batman movies is that he makes his voice sound so low and scratchy that it utterly distracts and annoys me. Other than that, he’s yummy. Heh.

sizzle’s last blog post..But I Don’t Wanna!

5. Maria January 5, 2009 7:07 am edit

I nominated you for best photography/canadian a week or so ago.

Jake Gyllenhaal is quickly becoming my new love. I just LOVE how as old as he is, as hot as he is, as beareded and scruffy and whatever as he is, he can still look at you with those big blue eyes or say something in that sweet, soft voice and make you think you’re totally corrupting him. And that’s HOT. Because I know that the one time he stops being so innocent it’ll be like him breaking out of his shell for the first time and that’ll be HOT too. And now I’m just going to shut up now…

Maria’s last blog post..[undefined]

6. slynnro January 5, 2009 7:59 am edit

My love for Grey’s is diminishing, but Patrick Dempsey will always be my main man.

slynnro’s last blog post..2008 in Review. Because I am a Follower.

7. Amanda Brown January 5, 2009 8:08 am edit

Luke Wilson. Oh, BABY!

Amanda Brown’s last blog post..Days

8. Heather B. January 5, 2009 8:11 am edit

I think you’re the only person who has nominated me. That is if you nominated me. If you haven’t then I’m back to where I started: Dejected and Rejected.

Heather B.’s last blog post..Too busy. Can’t talk now.

9. whoorl January 5, 2009 8:44 am edit

Kristabella makes me laugh EVERY TIME. I love you too, of course. :)

(Hey! Don’t you think Hair Thursday should be nominated for Best Topical Blog? I mean, is there a MORE important topic than HAIR??) ;)

whoorl’s last blog post..Grace in Small Things: Part 4 of 365

10. hillary January 5, 2009 9:04 am edit

Shawn has a major crush on Tina Fey too – it’s funny. Usually he goes for super sexy blondes; it’s nice to know he can appreciate an intelligent brunette as well :)

My laminated list (which is always changing so I should probably stop calling it laminated) is:
    David Usher (what can I say – I love musicians)
    Owen Wilson (because I love his crooked nose)
    Craig Ferguson (because he’s old and pervy and Scottish)
    John Krasinski (because I love his nerdy ears)
    Orlando Blood (because yum – just yum)

hillary’s last blog post..Fall Dog Bombs The Moon

11. Heidi F January 5, 2009 9:12 am edit

If I told you my top five, you would know for sure that I am ancient and pathetic.

12. Danica January 5, 2009 9:50 am edit

I think my husband also crushes on Liz Lemon. We watched all of season one and half of season two in the last month, and he regularly comes out with “she’s awesome”

I kind of have to agree.

I too, have a crush on Liz Lemon.

Danica’s last blog post..Sometimes It’s Funny. Sometimes I Just Shake My Head.

13. Claire January 5, 2009 10:05 am edit

I read pretty much all those same blogs so I second that emotion. And not to pump myself up, I’ll just link to my Showroom – this speaks for itself in terms of celebrity crushes.

Claire’s last blog post..Full Circle

14. Assertagirl January 5, 2009 11:34 am edit

Oh, you know I still love David Duchovny. He’s got a lifetime achievement award as far as I’m concerned. I also love Peter Krause from Six Feet Under.

And Liz Lemon is fabulous!

Assertagirl’s last blog post..Two dinners, one kid.

15. Hannah January 5, 2009 11:49 am edit

My list of celebrity crushes hasn’t changed much at all over the years:

1. Wentworth Miller
    2. Nicholas Cage (Con Air/long hair/ripped shirt styles)
    3. Rob Thomas
    4. Liam Neeson (I know, I know, I’m SO WEIRD!)
    5. ?? (a current opening, so to speak … I am currently on the lookout for the perfect addition to my list … haven’t found him yet)

Never really considered “internet crushes” … I love all the blogs I read, that’s why I read them!

Hannah’s last blog post..All You Need Is Love

Dooce
    Dutchblitz
    Meg Fowler
    Nothing but Bonfires
    Woulda Coulda Shoulda

Chris’s last blog post..Mr. Obama goes to Washington

17. Jennifer, Playgroups are no place for children January 5, 2009 12:28 pm edit

Oooh, I think we have very similar tastes in men! I also have some odd crushes, but for the sake of my reputation, I’ll keep those bad boys a secret!

Nominating is on my to-do list for today!

Jennifer, Playgroups are no place for children’s last blog post..January 5th

18. Camels & Chocolate January 5, 2009 12:37 pm edit

Celeb Crushes:

1. The Clooney (I don’t care if he’s old!!!)
    2. The men of How I Met Your Mother (um, they should all count as one! since NPH is gay and all)
    3. John Krasinski
    4. Justin Timberlake
    5. I dunno…Brad Pitt? Though I feel like that should just automatically be a given, right?

Blog crushes:

Most of whom you named! Also, I so nominated you for various Bloggies!

Camels & Chocolate’s last blog post..Why Do Internet Scammers Always Hail From Nigeria?

19. Camels & Chocolate January 5, 2009 12:37 pm edit

oooooh and Chace Crawford!!!!

20. Jennifer Kirk January 5, 2009 2:07 pm edit

Ewan McGregor and Ethan Hawke… longstanding crushes!

21. Amanda of Shamelessly Sassy January 5, 2009 4:10 pm edit

I have a celeb crush on Johnny Knoxville. It’s semi ridiculous. I have lotsa web crushes.

Amanda of Shamelessly Sassy’s last blog post..The Entrepreneur

22. Kerri Anne January 5, 2009 4:11 pm edit

You are so very fantastic. I’ve had the nomination tab open all day long; I need to get to it!

Also: picking 5 is SO HARD, but I’m trying anyway:

1. Shia LaBeouf (Hmm, I think I may have mentioned that before?)
    2. David Duchovny
    3. Milo Ventimiglia (the newest crush to make the list, as I am newly enamored with Heroes. Um, hello: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2615711744/nm0893257)
    4. John Krasinski
    5. Paul Walker

Kerri Anne’s last blog post..Reasons To Love Him, #33: Slow And Steady Wins The Race

23. metalia January 5, 2009 6:00 pm edit

SO HARD. I have (secret) crushes on Jeremy Piven and Seth Rogen. In terms of actual hot men, however, I very much love Robert Pattinson (like this minute; that could change next week), Chace Crawford (hello, I am a cougar), and yes, Jake Gyllenhaal. :)

metalia’s last blog post..This started as a New Year’s recap, and ended up with a full-length review of Revolutionary Road. Uh, sorry?

24. Kristabella January 5, 2009 7:16 pm edit

Wow, I’m honored to be in your top five! I pink puffy heart you!

My celebrity crush is just one man, my future husband, Robert Pattinson/Edward Cullen.

Kristabella’s last blog post..Why I Shouldn’t Ever Drink Shots

25. karen January 5, 2009 7:27 pm edit

you’re on my list as a blogger – I’m going to nominate you right now for being awesome (is that a category?)!

karen’s last blog post..2009: the year of Mr. & Mrs. Thomkal?!

26. Leaf, probably... January 6, 2009 12:39 am edit

I agree whole-heartedly on Hugh Jackman, and nominate Channing Tatum… ooh, and Milo Ventimiglia…

Leaf, probably…’s last blog post..I’m on the hunt, wish me luck.

27. Kristin January 6, 2009 12:54 am edit

You know you’re one of my very favourite people in the Universe, online or off. Thank you for the super awesome compliment, and for being just kind of rad in general. And even better in person, too :-)

Kristin’s last blog post..Recap, reminder

28. Michele January 6, 2009 1:21 am edit

Only 5???

I have many celebrity crushes but one that always makes my list is John Stamos.

29. jonniker January 6, 2009 8:29 am edit

Uh, Gary Oldman, I KNOW. We’ve discussed. But also, Milo Ventimiglia, who I suspect is a giant douchebag, but is delicious nonetheless.

(Also, Kristabella fucking KILLS me. KILLS. As do all the other ladies you mentioned. And you.)

30. Meg January 6, 2009 12:55 pm edit

Sorry, I hate to be a bitch but it’s The Dark KNIGHT.
    1. My future husband and father of my as-yet unconceived triplets, Neil Young (yes, he’s older than my dad. But his voice makes me melt. (Yes, I know, he can’t sing.)).
    2. Brad Pitt-just cuz he’s sexy
    3. Orlando Bloom as Legolas-just cuz I have this thing for elves!
    4. Shia Labeouf-how can you not enjoy someone that hot whose name means Gift of the Gods the Beef???
    5. Edward Norton, circa American History X-something about that 6-pack just gets me!

Meg’s last blog post..What I’ve done

31. sleepynita January 6, 2009 4:00 pm edit

Jeremy Piven as Ari Gold in Entourage. YUMMMMMM!!!!!

(I used to think it was the pregnancy hormones that made me want that man – but now that I am not preggers anymore I STILL WANTS A PIECE OF THAT!).

Also: John Krasinski, Hugh Jackman, Ben Stiller (circa Zoolander) and justin Timberlake (I KNOW LAME!!!!).

sleepynita’s last blog post..The Birth Story – as much as I remember anyways!

32. monstergirlee January 6, 2009 10:46 pm edit

I nominated you for best canadian blog – and Ali.

celecrity crushes:
    Ed Burns
    Hugh Jackman
    I’m sure there are more but can’t think right now.

monstergirlee’s last blog post..More Summer…

33. Julie January 11, 2009 7:14 pm edit

Matthew’s got MY female celebrity “crushes” (not really CRUSHES so much as I just think they’re really pretty) right on… except Angelina. tsk tsk, Matthew:)
    Sure she’s beautiful, and she donates time & money to people who need it…. but I just can’t help it. I’m all for team Aniston here. There just ain’t no ands, ifs or buts about it… Angelina’s a homewrecker. Gorgeous or not, homewreckers don’t go on my list.

Would he be interested in swapping her with Kate Beckinsale? Or perhaps Heidi Klum?! :)

Julie’s last blog post..The Adventures Continue…