We are a family who likes music.  A lot.  Music is usually playing when we are in the house, and is always playing when we are in the van. The great thing about it is that we listen to my music.  The kids love it and always ask me to crank it up so they can do some stellar car dancing moves.

Graham is a huge fan of JT.  One morning on the way to school he told me that he was going to sing “Love Stoned” when he grew up.  He then told me that he was going to ask the four boys in his class if they wanted to sing it with him.  Are you getting the same visual I did?  A Kindergarten boy band?  The kid cracks me up.

We are also a family who likes to get their groove on.  The only downside is the fact that we are white.  White person dancing = frog in a blender.  It’s a scientific fact pretty solid theory.  My husband is a supreme example of this theory, which even he cannot deny.

Every night after dinner (or after bath time), the tunes get cranked and it’s Dance Party Canada over here.  You may remember that I posted a video of the kids dancing back in November.  Miss Emily is now walking (And leaping!) and has busted out some pretty sweet moves.  The dudes have kicked it up a notch as well.

Untitled from Angella on Vimeo.

Those of you coming to San Francisco in two weeks can consider Miss Emily to be a prime example of what I will look like, should there be dancing involved.  Make sure you stand back and give me lots of room to work my magic.

(P.S.: I REALLY hope I sound nothing like I do in the video, or I will be grooving solo in my hotel room to spare you the sound of that high-pitched whinny.)

I will close with a greeting to my fellow Canadians (and to those who just love Canada) – Happy Canada Day!

comments

Comments:

1. Sue July 1, 2008 7:12 am edit

OMG – they are so freaking cute! My kids made me play it three times and my littlest one kept saying “I want to go dere!” So we’re coming over ~ I guess it will take 7-10 days or so ;-)

(PS Nathan and the butt thrusts CRACKED ME UP!)

Sue’s last blog post..Mommy Guilt in a Picture

2. Jennie July 1, 2008 7:38 am edit

Awesome. Loved this.

Jennie’s last blog post..Before and after.

3. She Likes Purple July 1, 2008 7:40 am edit

Emily is cracking me up! Her little leg lift on the ground. Priceless!

She Likes Purple’s last blog post..I’m Back. Don’t Mind The Germs.

4. Andrea July 1, 2008 7:48 am edit

HA! We are all kinds of white too so there will be no judging coming from me :)

Loved Graham’s fingers pointing while he grooved, and Emily’s “whoop-whoop” hand moves were awesome!

We love to dance here at our house, and it’s never pretty. We shut the blinds as to not torture the neighbors…

-Andrea

Andrea’s last blog post..Weight Markers

5. sizzle July 1, 2008 7:53 am edit

I love watching kids dance. It’s so much fun! Finn loves to dance but he’s into hip hop, the Beatles and They Might Be Giants lately.

Your voice does not sound whiny or high pitched!

sizzle’s last blog post..Let’s Have Some ?Closure?

6. Sharon July 1, 2008 8:36 am edit

So cute! Nathan grabbing his butt had me laughing so hard. Thanks for sharing. :)

Happy Canada Day!

Sharon’s last blog post..Loving the laziness!

7. Kristabella July 1, 2008 8:48 am edit

I know I dance like an idiot, but that just makes it more fun. Because then you can bust out the shopping cart or the lawn mower and people just shake their heads and laugh.

Kristabella’s last blog post..I Feel Fine

8. SarahD July 1, 2008 9:11 am edit

My first thought was, WHAT? no Superhero PJ’s anymore??
    So cute. They would get along well with my dancers, though mine seem to be a little more aggressive and have more of a mosh pit type dance style. Yours managed to stay clear of eachother even while in a small space.

9. Marianne July 1, 2008 9:38 am edit

This is awesome!

My favourite home video from childhood shows my then-10-yr-old brother and 5-yr-old me rocking out to Van Halen’s “Jump”. It’s a thing of beauty, I tell ya.

Marianne’s last blog post..Responsibility can bite me

10. The Over-Thinker July 1, 2008 11:49 am edit

Graham’s hand-dancing at 2:04 nearly made me fall off my chair. And I think I almost saw a bit of a poll-dance from Emily around 0:50—what are you teaching her Angella?? :) :)

The Over-Thinker’s last blog post..Calling All Jane & John Doe’s!! Time to spill it.

11. Kristie July 1, 2008 12:03 pm edit

Oh my, that was so so fun to watch. Kids and dancing are like the best things ever.

I’m so looking forward to seeing you dance in a few weeks. I think I’m a fairly good dancer, but I’ve realized that I might just be kidding myself.

Kristie’s last blog post..I survived. Barely.

12. Smilf July 1, 2008 1:19 pm edit

This is fantastic! We do this in our house too and I love LOVE watching SD dance around like a fool. I think everyone should do that every once in awhile. It’s liberating. :)

Smilf’s last blog post..BOTB: It’s a Sad Day

13. Robyn July 1, 2008 1:50 pm edit

I love it! What a great way to start my morning off, thanks Angella! :)

Robyn’s last blog post..All Nuts Are Not Created Equal

14. Kristin July 1, 2008 2:00 pm edit

How cute are they!! Totally!

Kristin’s last blog post..4 Months Old.

15. Jen July 1, 2008 2:02 pm edit

Sooo good to hear your voice again, Ange!

Love kids dancing- adorable!

16. Hannah July 1, 2008 2:22 pm edit

Totally cute!!

Hannah’s last blog post..WW: week 3

17. Kerri Anne July 1, 2008 4:12 pm edit

I think Miss Emily wants to get down with the break dancing.

(Also: this just made my afternoon. Encore, encore!)

(Also: I so need to post a video of Chris dancing. It makes me cry with joy. Because he is SO GOOD, of course. Ahem.)

Kerri Anne’s last blog post..Letter To My Body, This Body

18. Victoria July 1, 2008 4:12 pm edit

Happy Canada Day!!!

Victoria’s last blog post..PS

19. Rhi July 1, 2008 4:50 pm edit

Okay. You were right. That cheered me up.

I love Emily’s floor moves.

Rhi’s last blog post..One Year Ago

20. Jennifer July 1, 2008 4:58 pm edit

Oh, I really loved watching this video. Thank you so much for sharing. We have one 15 month old and talk about having more children at some point and this is exactly the fun I imagine having. Well, and more throwup.

Jennifer’s last blog post..Reach out to help

21. Dayna July 1, 2008 5:13 pm edit

Graham’s index fingers pointed firmly in the air – Gold.

I totally think you should put Nathan and Emily into hip hop/breakdancing :P

22. Michele July 2, 2008 12:17 am edit

Did I just see Emily “raisin’ the roof”? That video is priceless! Your kids are so gifted in the dancing department! LOL! Looks like a fun, nightly routine!

23. ali July 2, 2008 10:04 am edit

i am seriously the WORST dancer in the world. so i don’t do it. ever. well, at least not in public. so, sadly, you won’t get to see it at blogher ;)

24. Heidi F July 2, 2008 2:19 pm edit

Emily dances EXACTLY like I do!

25. Elizabeth July 2, 2008 5:30 pm edit

Look at those kids go!!! Love it!

Elizabeth’s last blog post..Stocked

26. metalia July 3, 2008 9:24 am edit

haahaaaa! i love your kids.

metalia’s last blog post..The Birth Story

27. witchypoo July 4, 2008 4:03 am edit

That was great giggle material. If you dance like Miss Emily does, you will entertain everybody at BlogHer.

witchypoo’s last blog post..Visiting Grammie