I have mentioned before that my brother Lance lives with us.  I could call him my baby brother, but there is a brother younger than he. I did, however, wipe Lance’s bum back in the day, so there’s that.

(He loves it when I bring up those memories.)

Lance has been dating Natalie for almost a year now. We pointed out her awesomeness for years and he’s a guy and deals with things later, and…they finally started dating last summer.

She was home from University this past weekend and I asked if I could take their photo. Natalie was all, “Yes!” and Lance was all, “Fine. Let me just put my lumberjack shirt on first.”

Oh, and also throw on his classic smirk. I took that photo and then started laughing. Natalie and I told him that he needed to branch out from the smirk. He told us that it was impossible. Natalie was not amused.

But he did it! So I told them to try again.

Oh, Lance.

Natalie thought that Lance needed some help.

Not quite the look we were going for, but funny.

When we were talking about the whole “smile” deal, he told us that he couldn’t smile without looking cheesy. I have to admit that he was right. However! On camera it looked just fine. See?

I really hope that they end up getting married because (I really love her, and) think of the fun I would have taking photos. Besides. Aren’t they adorable?

*Matthew taught the kids that song when Lance started dating Natalie. Hearing them sing it brought us much amusement. What?

comments

Comments:

1. Eric's Mommy April 7, 2010 5:56 am edit

OMG, they are adorable!

2. Jen April 7, 2010 7:36 am edit

My husband does the same thing; he will not smile with his teeth showing. Our wedding pictures are kind of awesome!

3. Jen Wilson April 7, 2010 7:44 am edit

AWWWW!! Now I wish I had a fab photographer as my sister …

4. Kami's Khlopchyk April 7, 2010 7:56 am edit

Ha! I kind of feel for the guy, what with all the good natured ribbing :) Hopefully he dishes it right back at you all!
    .-= Kami’s Khlopchyk´s last blog ..Another Pictorial =-.

5. Sizzle April 7, 2010 8:08 am edit

They are an adorable couple!
    .-= Sizzle´s last blog ..Bet On It =-.

6. Domestic Extraordinaire April 7, 2010 8:32 am edit

love the pics. If I have someone who is having a rough time smiling I ell them to say ‘monkey’ or ‘whiskey’ it makes your mouth smile when you say it.
    .-= Domestic Extraordinaire´s last blog ..flashback Friday-The Easter Tradition =-.

1. angella April 7, 2010 1:19 pm edit

That’s what I tell people to do, too! (I’ve even included it in photography-tip posts :) ) It works. And I love telling my kids to say “whiskey”. ;)

7. Kerri Anne April 7, 2010 9:17 am edit

Why do I always remember Lance as being blond? Was I hallucinating his hair color when I was there? Hmm…

(I concur with the all-around super cuteness.)
    .-= Kerri Anne´s last blog ..Remembering =-.

8. Dayna April 7, 2010 12:18 pm edit

That was even better than I hoped! He is a funny funny man-child :)
    .-= Dayna´s last blog ..Guilty =-.

9. hillary April 7, 2010 12:31 pm edit
  10. Coast Rat April 7, 2010 12:43 pm edit

We “Lance’s” are kind of unique, aren’t we…? Great looking couple!
    .-= Coast Rat´s last blog ..2010 Week #5 – Along the South Mississippi Blue Bird Trail =-.

11. Jennifer Kirk April 7, 2010 2:13 pm edit

Nice shots… they are super cute!
    My trick is to make them laugh SOMEHOW and then you get a genuine (not cheesy) smile! Usually by making fun of myself, it always works.

I have a younger brother who’s been with his gf 6 years. I wish they’d get married too, just for my own selfish reasons… then I’ll know she isn’t going anywhere!
    .-= Jennifer Kirk´s last blog ..Taking the PLUNGE, literally! =-.

12. bethy g April 7, 2010 2:29 pm edit

your brother totally looks like Noah Wylie!

13. Amanda April 7, 2010 3:30 pm edit

OMG, they are soooo cute!
    .-= Amanda´s last blog ..The Ducks Are Back =-.

14. JenniferB April 9, 2010 6:45 pm edit

Am I the only one to notice that the funny faces your brother was making are the same ones your boys make when you take pictures of them? So cute though — they look adorable together!

15. Roshan April 11, 2010 9:42 am edit

At the risk of sounding old, I think these kids are cute. I hope they do get married & have lots of babies.
    .-= Roshan´s last blog ..s’mores frothiccino3 =-.

16. Elle April 11, 2010 4:19 pm edit

Aww, they are so cute!
    .-= Elle´s last blog ..Life of Leisure comes to an end =-.

17. Kristabella April 13, 2010 9:50 am edit

So cute! And glad that you love her as well! That’s always a big plus!
    .-= Kristabella´s last blog ..Walk Away The Pounds =-.