I have not hidden the fact that my baby girl came out a little lacking in the hair department. I even posted last summer about how bald is beautiful.

This girl of mine has (finally!) been growing some hair.

I MIGHT BE A LITTLE EXCITED ABOUT THIS DEVELOPMENT.

I have always known that she has a beauty beyond measure. That beauty is new and improved. NOW WITH HAIR!

Every afternoon, when I get her up from her nap, she is all warm and fuzzy. Her room is toasty and cozy thanks to our wood-burning furnace. She wakes up with a damp head and the curls are abundant. I have something very eloquent to say about this development.

SQUEEEEE!

That attitude?

NOT SO MUCH SQUEEING GOING ON.

But there are more photos of the curls!

Next up, pigtails. I bought the elastics already. Weeks ago.

The phrases that come to mind are:

Putting the cart before the horse.

Hope springs eternal.

All I know is that I love this girl.

Her curls are just an added bonus.

*A year ago today: Does This Look Like A Boy To You? I am late in adding the link and am laughing that I chose the exact same topic a year ago to the day…

comments

Comments:

1. Eric's Mommy November 5, 2008 5:41 am edit

Bald is beautiful!
    I didn’t have hair until I was 3.
    I do see pigtails in the near future!

2. witchypoo November 5, 2008 6:24 am edit

Love love love the attitude shot! Miss Emily is a pistol.

witchypoo’s last blog post..Take Your Country Back!

3. Natalie November 5, 2008 6:50 am edit

What a sweet smile! You have such adorable children.

4. Holly November 5, 2008 7:13 am edit

curls are definitely cute.

Holly’s last blog post..A or B

5. Sue @ My Party of 6 November 5, 2008 7:18 am edit

My daughter came out with a mane of wild curly hair and while everyone comments on it (and it is gorgeous), it is a B*TCH to get a brush through. So enjoy the short curls while you have them! (And Emily? Cute as can be either way, but I do love the hair!)

Sue @ My Party of 6′s last blog post..Chatter of Democracy

6. kirida November 5, 2008 7:24 am edit

She has always been adorable, short hair and all.

I was a bald baby and a bald toddler. My mom had to fasten a barrette onto the three strands of hair but then I sprouted these super thick jungle locks that have not left. And my hair sheds everywhere.

kirida’s last blog post..Listen US Americans!

7. angella November 5, 2008 7:30 am edit

I was just like her as a kid, and now I am like you. Hairdressers always ask me how I walk around with so much weight on top of my head.

I tell them it’s the rocks *in* my head that cause the problems.

8. steff November 5, 2008 7:30 am edit

I was a bald baby girl with orange peach fuzz for a long time, I sprouted curls too.

My mom used scotch tape to hold down the bows. But now I have gobs and gobs of red hair.

My oldest son was bald too and now he has gorgeous thick hair!

9. Elizabeth November 5, 2008 7:56 am edit

The just woken up curls are the BEST. They almost make me happy when naptime is over :)
    Emily is too too adorable.

Elizabeth’s last blog post..The Audacity of Hope

10. merrymishaps November 5, 2008 8:22 am edit

So cute! I can’t wait to see her in pigtails :)

merrymishaps’s last blog post..running skirt review: skirtsports “rollergirl”

11. Mrs. Wilson November 5, 2008 9:06 am edit

Liliana was a beautiful bald baby up until just recently. She’s just now finally starting to get enough hair for me to run my fingers through.

Can’t wait to see pictures of Emily’s hair in little pigtails! I love the curls. Totally love them.

Mrs. Wilson’s last blog post..NaBloPoMo Day 4: A new day, a new president

12. Jill - GlossyVeneer November 5, 2008 9:36 am edit

“Now With Hair!” That made me laugh out loud!

I’ve been noticing her hair growing in on photos lately, it’s definitely cute and I can’t wait to see when it reaches pigtail stage!

Jill – GlossyVeneer’s last blog post..Conversations With The Hubby #4

13. Sharon November 5, 2008 10:13 am edit

So adorable! :) Curls are definitely the best.

Sharon’s last blog post..Election fever

14. ali November 5, 2008 10:36 am edit

you obviously know that our babies are twins in the hair department. of course ;)

15. Ashley Stone November 5, 2008 11:24 am edit

There is something so sweet about a little girl with curls or pigtails. We too are awaiting the hair fairy, although I can coax Bethy’s hair into two meger pigtails they are a little sparse.

Emily sure is growing into a precious little girl, gone is the baby face, soon she’ll be a halo of ringlets.

Ashley Stone’s last blog post..I’m pregnant, not Budda, ok?

16. Rhi November 5, 2008 11:35 am edit

My mom knows just how you feel: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhirhi/2989726855/

Rhi’s last blog post..Things About Portland That Do Not Suck

17. Meg November 5, 2008 11:36 am edit

Her curlies are awesome!

Meg’s last blog post..A Story

18. orlund November 5, 2008 11:40 am edit

Blond and blues eyes I hope her dad has a big shot gun to keep the little boys away.

19. Rachel November 5, 2008 1:53 pm edit

There’s nothing wrong with putting the cart before the horse :-) I did it LOL.

I love how excited you are and how excited she looks! TOO precious!!

Love the newly sprouting curls! YEAH MOMMY!

Rachel’s last blog post..Should I Buy Him an EPT?

20. Kerri Anne November 5, 2008 2:58 pm edit

Those curls are perfect. I can’t wait to see pigtails!

Kerri Anne’s last blog post..Good Things: Runner’s Soul Edition

21. The Over-Thinker November 5, 2008 5:34 pm edit

OOOooo! I love the little flippies!
    And the attitude photo is priceless! Happy Tween Years ahead, Mom!

The Over-Thinker’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday: Pink Surprise Edition

22. JG November 5, 2008 8:23 pm edit

I didn’t have hair FOREVER. We have pictures of me and my cousin, and she’s six months younger than me with this glorious head of curls, and I’m still bald as a cue ball. It was ridiculous.

You’ve met me–I certainly have a lot of hair now. :) So good for you for not stressing!

23. Michele November 5, 2008 10:05 pm edit

I LOVE the curls!!! (And the colour too!) What a sweet, sweet little girl!

24. Andrea November 6, 2008 9:31 pm edit

Well, I love her hair, no hair, curls, no curls, attitude, or no attitude. She completely beautiful.

-Andrea

Andrea’s last blog post..Morning

25. Jamie November 7, 2008 1:29 am edit

i found you through bossy, i love bossy…anyway, i have a baldy too…he’s 2 1/2 (i’m guessing emily is about that age?)..and he’s full of “attitude” too…and i’ll be coming back to read more..i too and doing nablopomo…*sigh* what have i gotten myself in to…and i’m going to bookmark you and add you to my blogroll…

Jamie’s last blog post..Thankful Thursday