Do you notice anything new?

Me. Again.

No, not the shirt. That was so last month.

(Hint: It’s the fancy gadget in my hand.)

Me

Please don’t hate me because (m)iPhone is beautiful.

Do you know how people rant and rave about something and you wonder if it is really worth the hype? I am here to tell you that IT IS SO WORTH THE HYPE. Words cannot even express how amazing that thing is, so I won’t even try.

All I want to know from you is what App you recommend. Kerri Anne‘s hubby Chris emailed me his faves and I have been a downloading fiend. But I know that everyone has their own favorites. Hit me.

(But not literally. I’m fragile. Ish.)

comments

Comments:

1. Mrs. Wilson April 15, 2009 12:59 am edit

I noticed RIGHT AWAY. Congrats on the iPhone!! I hope you love it more and more each day :) Since I do not have an iPhone, I cannot recommend any apps to you. I don’t even know the name of one. I’m lame.

ps. apparently iPhones take WAY better photos than any other camera phone – wowza.

Mrs. Wilson’s last blog post..the bunnies and chocolate part

2. Mrs. Wilson April 15, 2009 12:59 am edit

pps. I was going to ask you why your ring is on the wrong hand … then realized you’re taking a photo IN THE MIRROR which is why YOU CAN SEE THE PHONE. Hi. I’m blonde. Speak slowly.

Mrs. Wilson’s last blog post..the bunnies and chocolate part

3. Dana April 15, 2009 2:30 am edit

Nimbuzz, Skype, TouchType, TruPhone, Fake-a-Call, AllRecipes, ebay, Google, IM+ Lite, Night Stand, UrbanSpoon, Flashlight, Last.fm, Countdown, Remote, Wikipanion, GPS Tracker, and all the LastMinute.com phrasebooks in different languages – french, german, spanish, greek, italian, etc.

These are all free, I haven’t bought a single one, but would love to know what others love.

I have other ones but I have a feeling you will already have them – flight status, twitter, facebook, etc.

4. angella April 15, 2009 2:45 am edit

So far I have Tweetie for Twitter (Not free, but worth $2.99), Facebook, WordPress (Post from your phone!), Shazam (AWESOME), Flashlight, AroundMe and Yelp.

I have heard that Skype won’t work in Canada, but I need to check that out. I’m looking forward to checking the others out :)

5. Janssen April 15, 2009 4:34 am edit

Seriously so cool! Enjoy :)

Janssen’s last blog post..City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

6. Jill - GlossyVeneer April 15, 2009 6:48 am edit

Urbanspoon, Remember the Milk, Amazon Kindle, Flickit, FastCamera, Midomi, Flashlight, iTV, Wordpress, Facebook, Twittelator…

I also often download freebie apps to play and delete them if they bore me.

Oh yeah… More Cowbell. Totally not useful, but cracks me up.

Jill – GlossyVeneer’s last blog post..Mini’s Cupcakes

7. rachel-asouthernfairytale April 15, 2009 6:48 am edit

Whack ‘em all ~ we are addicted
    bubble wrap ~ the kids *ahem*
    Millionaire ~not free but I LOVE trivia
    shazaam ~ hold your phone up to music, turn on shazaam and it finds the artist and song for you
    The Weather Channel
    Dress Chica ~ for the princess (from sprout)
    tic tac free
    handy level
    flashlight
    zippo

All free (I think)

LOVE your new iphone!!
    MommyBits has done two must have free apps posts.

rachel-asouthernfairytale’s last blog post..It is Time

8. TexasRed April 15, 2009 6:54 am edit

Congratulations! (Very jealous!)

TexasRed’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday – Prairie Dog

9. Kate April 15, 2009 7:07 am edit

Very jealous! Do you have to have AT&T like we do in the states? That’s the ONLY reason I got my Blackberry – otherwise it would have been iPhone all the way! :)

Kate’s last blog post..Risen and Given

10. Rhi April 15, 2009 7:12 am edit

Tweetie is so worth the $3 – I wish I had downloaded it ages ago. I love the free solitaire app, To Do, Bubble Wrap (strangely satisfying!), Open Table, Urban Spoon. I could go on forever, but that would require me grabbing my phone :)

Rhi’s last blog post..Thalon

11. Melissa April 15, 2009 7:13 am edit

I’ve had the iPhone since Oct and life just hasn’t been the same since! I luv, luv, luv it!

12. kirida April 15, 2009 7:14 am edit

congratulations!

I love my iphone so much. I have definitely made it a part of my life. Graham and Nathan might love the fart apps. I only get the free ones, though. I’m too cheap for expensive farts, especially when there’s so much of it in this house. :)

kirida’s last blog post..the wonder years

13. Heather B. April 15, 2009 7:19 am edit

Welcome to the dark side. I need to check out ‘flashlight’ since it seems to be the rage.

Heather B.’s last blog post..Too busy. Can’t talk now.

14. Kristin April 15, 2009 7:23 am edit

Yay!! So excited for you!!! My favs are Groceries (not free, but the best app), stickies, bible (free and tons of translations), notes, textropolis, pac man, kid art, lightsaber (hello star wars), pocket god, tap tap revenge, topple, tiki towers… umm I could go on. The last half are kid games. You can download free podcasts which my kids love – pinkydinky doo and super why plus lots of shows. Fill the puppy up!

15. Maria April 15, 2009 7:58 am edit

Ok – you need the bump application, for BlogHer. I’m about to tweet about it now, actually. All you have to do is touch fists holding iPhones with someone else that has the app too and your contact info automatically gets exchanged. Number, address ,blog, email, -whatever you want.

The techy, iPhone equivalent of blog cards. :)

Maria’s last blog post..“Hey, María…”

16. Camels & Chocolate April 15, 2009 8:00 am edit

I’m lame. I have an (old school) BlackBerry because Verizon doesn’t offer the iPhone. BAH! I don’t know about all this app business, but I do know I’d be all over Skype.

Camels & Chocolate’s last blog post..Photo Friday: The Sahara Desert, Morocco

17. Kristin April 15, 2009 8:22 am edit

Oh – and get a cover if you haven’t already – Darron’s on his third phone since summer – thank goodness his is covered thru work. :) (oh and Around Me is really great , too. Type in whatever you are looking for – like Winners and it will tell you the closest one and map it for you. )

18. Sizzle April 15, 2009 8:28 am edit

I am resisting the hype. Don’t tempt me!

Sizzle’s last blog post..Almost!

19. Rebecca (Bearca) April 15, 2009 8:34 am edit

OMG I KNOW. The iPhone isn’t just a phone, IT’S A LIFESTYLE. I love mine so much! Glad you are enjoying yours!

You need Tweetie and Shazam. Those are my faves.

Rebecca (Bearca)’s last blog post..happy birthday, baby D!

20. Sara April 15, 2009 9:01 am edit

LOVE mIPHONE!!!

Lose it! – tracks calories and exercise. Couldn’t be easier.
    Pandora – build your own radio station!!!
    Backgrounds – because i like to change the wallpaper…erm..frequently
    Facebook – ok, fine, i love FB
    WeatherBug

Sara’s last blog post..An Open Letter to Our Neighbors, Thug Life

21. heidikins April 15, 2009 9:03 am edit

Skype…definitiley the Skype app.

xox

heidikins’s last blog post..Doin? It Myself: How to Make a Chalkboard Message Center and Polka-dot Pots

22. Jennifer Kirk April 15, 2009 9:28 am edit

Stylish Girl… you can organize your wardrobe and stuff, and it tracks what you wore etc… so much fun!

23. hillary April 15, 2009 9:29 am edit

ooohhh I am jealous! I’m not on Rogers so I can’t get one.

hillary’s last blog post..How Come I Still Can’t Open This Letter

24. Shelly April 15, 2009 9:35 am edit

Sweet phone! I actually bought a new phone yesterday and really thought long and hard about the iPhone but financially I just couldn’t see it being worth it for myself. I have a laptop and an Ipod, which basically made me decide I really didn’t need to pay for a data plan on the iPhone… (which I realize you have an Ipod and a laptop as well, and the iPhone is totally rad none the less, but just a personal decision I had to make for myself!) :)

I instead bought a Samsung from Rogers for $30 bucks! Woohoo, way to stay dutch I figure!
    Its the phone from the commercial, slides in, slides out, slides in, slides out. I actually love it, which was surprising because the commercial annoys the hell out of me, but since I am a text fiend (sp?) it works for me.

Have fun with your iPhone!! Ooh, and a bunch of my friends use Skype in Canada…so it should work here!

Shelly’s last blog post..Punta Cana Pics

25. Elaine April 15, 2009 12:54 pm edit

I want one. Can you call my husband? Perfect Mother’s Day gift, right?

Elaine’s last blog post..WW – Art That Touched My Heart

26. Amy @ Muddy Boots April 15, 2009 3:08 pm edit

Ahhh, you so preeeety!

Nice phone too!

Amy @ Muddy Boots’s last blog post..Happy Birthday, Papa!

27. Amanda April 15, 2009 5:29 pm edit

Still waiting on the phone, but my honey brought home a touch a few weeks ago. Finally got to surf on it over the weekend…FREAKIN’ AWESOME.
    Fave apps (mostly free ones for now):
    Gift Planner
    Chickitionary
    Darkroom (Im sure you’ll appreciate this one and the next two)
    Oil Canvas
    Colour Canvas
    Flick Fishing (just like the commerical…and it is so addictive)
    Easy Recipes (there are some really good recipes on it)
    Have fun!

Amanda’s last blog post..New Layout/New Domain

28. SmockLady April 15, 2009 6:17 pm edit

Are you are making it sooooo hard to wait. I want mine NOW!!!

I can upgrade in May and since i just joined the cool kids by getting a MacBook Pro last month I am really itching to get an iPhone. And I sooo want it yesterday. I have a Palm 750 that is nice, but with the mac switch I can’t wait for the iPhone.

SmockLady’s last blog post..Garden Chronicles

29. Amanda of Shamelessly Sassy April 15, 2009 9:54 pm edit

I so need to d/l some new iphone apps. I’m going to try some of these.

Amanda of Shamelessly Sassy’s last blog post..Recycled Condoms used as Hair Bands??WHAT?

30. Karen April 15, 2009 10:13 pm edit

I just got one, too. I’m kind of scared of it. How does it dooooo that? I like the level, because I’m a geek. Look, straight pictures! Hey, our floors are crooked! Neat, the table is flat! I’m easily amused. Shazam is fun for the “WTF?” value. Mobile Fotos is good for instant upload to Flickr and access to your flickr site so you can be like me and force everyone to appreciate your latest kid pics. Honestly, everything else I’ve put on it can be summed up as “Sudoku”. Because I’m apparently an elderly numbers game fan who mostly just appreciates it when the mirror is hung evenly.

If you figure out how to change the ring tone, let me know. I’m SURE I should be able to make it play some kind of new-fangled song.

Karen’s last blog post..Spuddling along gracefully, 4.

31. Michele April 15, 2009 10:55 pm edit

I’m thinking about my next phone…Do I go fancy or just leave it a regular phone!?! This post does not persuade me. One. Bit. Hahaha :) I have to admit that I was confused about the wedding ring too!!!

32. Jen April 16, 2009 1:29 pm edit

Urbanspoon, Flixter, Facebook, and Amazon are my favorites! Congrats on the new purchase :-)

33. movin down the road April 18, 2009 1:57 pm edit

Aroundme is my favorite!!! I am a new iphoner….SO worth the $300 and the monthly. I can’t say enough. (so I’ll stop. because I-know-you-know-what-I’m-talking-about)

movin down the road’s last blog post..Another word from our only sponsor

34. Kristabella April 20, 2009 11:22 am edit

IT IS SO WORTH THE HYPE! I didn’t think it would be, but man that phone has changed my life!

I love the Weather Channel App. Especially in climates like ours!

I only get free apps, so I’m the wrong person to ask.

Kristabella’s last blog post..I’m Blaming It On The Cookie Dough

35. Computer Juice Forums April 21, 2009 10:27 am edit

Great post! This is why I love blogging. Always something interesting to read, watch and enjoy. It keeps the mind active. Thanks, Amy x.

36. Acai X3 April 23, 2009 7:40 pm edit

Super-Duper site! I am loving it!! Will come back again – taking you feeds also, Thanks.