I mentioned a few weeks ago that Nathan has started Preschool. He goes two mornings a week. We missed last Thursday due to the fact that we decided to drive all over Washington State. Monday was Canadian Thanksgiving which meant that again there was no school.

He could. not. WAIT! for school this Thursday morning. The whole drive home he told me every. single. thing. that transpired. When we got home he showed me the family portrait that he drew:
Nathans Family Portrait
Click on the photo to see the Flickr comments and notes. You can click HERE to see the Facebook comments.

The portrait alone is slaying me. Matthew and I were in tears because we were laughing so hard. The comments and added notes just added to our hysteria.

What is with the portrait of ME? I look angry. Or demented. And literally dangerous.  Check out Matthew’s reaction to my monster-esque persona.

What is with Graham’s hand? Is he telling Nathan to “Talk to the hand“?

I could go on, but I am sure that you see the hilarity in this photo. Feel free to point out what you find humorous.

I took Kerrianne‘s suggestion via email and made it into my banner. How could I not? (You feed readers need to click through.)

(Please excuse my banner-making skillz. I am an accountant. Also, a quasi-photographer. I AM NOT A WEB DESIGNER.)

It may not be professional, but I giggle every time I see it. It will stay up for at least the weekend.

I am seriously thinking of sending this portrait as our Family Photo this year instead of one of these ones. I am not even kidding.

Have a great weekend, folks!

comments

Comments:

1. Andrea October 16, 2008 9:28 pm edit

Totally hilarious!! This picture will be around, I guessing, FOREVER. It will be the subject of many hysterical laughing sessions within your family and Nathan will never live it down.

Those are all signs of brilliance.

I should have Eve draw a picture of our family. Except, Nathan’s has me a bit scared! I’m not so sure I can handle the truth…

-Andrea

Andrea’s last blog post..VBlog: Talking about World Food Day

2. orlund October 16, 2008 9:31 pm edit

Uncle Lance is HUGE. Family bodyguard? That’s a piece of art that is worth of being hung on a fridge.

orlund’s last blog post..Five Months Of History

3. Kristin October 16, 2008 9:37 pm edit

It is SO FUNNY! You need to keep it in a special place, it is for sure a one of a kind!

4. Michele October 16, 2008 9:43 pm edit

WOW!!! Uncle Lance is a big guy!!! He must be in charge. Is Dad feeling like he’s had too much to drink, or does he always fall to the ground when Mom scolds him?!? Emily’s also caught up quickly to her brothers! Way to grow, girl! And yes, Graham is so telling Nathan to talk to the hand.

Absolutely love this picture! Definately a keepsake!

5. Elaine October 16, 2008 9:52 pm edit

You look like you are punching out Matthew! This is so awesome!! : )

Did I miss it – did you get a pet mouse?

Elaine’s last blog post..It’s Winner Time!

6. Robyn October 16, 2008 10:01 pm edit

I didn’t even notice Graham’s hand when I saw this on FB, was distracted by you simultaneously poking Emily in the eye and pushing Matthew over! Fantastic picture!

Robyn’s last blog post..Hurt

7. mommyknows October 16, 2008 10:15 pm edit

I love it! It makes a great banner.

mommyknows’s last blog post..Felt Mitts (coffee contest continues)

8. witchypoo October 17, 2008 3:08 am edit

Now I see why Lance is such a good housesitter when you’re away.
    So adorable, Nathan. Way to go!

witchypoo’s last blog post..Boring Much?

9. joyce October 17, 2008 4:54 am edit

that’s hilarious. you’re the only one with mean looking eyebrows. and it totally looks like you’re pushing your husband over. love it.

joyce’s last blog post..I really really thought I was going to win

10. Janssen October 17, 2008 6:18 am edit

And THERE is everything you need to know about your family, right?

11. Heather-Domestic Extraordinaire October 17, 2008 6:29 am edit

LOL! You and your unibrow cracks me up. And you are the only one with eyebrows. And the fact that Matthew is missing legs (or is it arms) may have something to do with why he is on the ground.

You could totally make your address label out of this.

Heather-Domestic Extraordinaire’s last blog post..Fall Decor

12. pickel October 17, 2008 7:08 am edit

Is uncle lance going potty?

pickel’s last blog post..Theraplay for Attachment in Adoption

13. christy October 17, 2008 7:10 am edit

Hey, I havent read your blog in a few weeks and I’m loving the pretty fal pics almost as much as that drawing. Love it! Also, I’m so proud of you for your decision to not do the crazy diet. You looks so good already. Truly and inspiration to me.
    PS. Sorry our talk was so lame the other night. I’ll have to call you when the family isn’t over.

miss you.

14. natalie October 17, 2008 7:19 am edit

i am totally cracking up. i was wondering what was between uncle lance’s legs as well. totally hilarious. and why do some people have arms and others not? so freakin’ funny!

natalie’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday/Caption this!

15. bethany actually October 17, 2008 7:21 am edit

Why is Graham’s name spelled without the second ‘a’? Are you giving up on trying to get people to pronounce it correctly and just going with the flow?

bethany actually’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday: in Texas with Maryland friends

16. angella October 17, 2008 7:37 am edit

Ha! No – his teacher wrote it that way. I thought that squishing another “a” in there might distract from the portrait :)

17. Kami October 17, 2008 8:03 am edit

Too funny! It looks like you pushed Matthew over…

Love it!

Kami’s last blog post..Imperfect Happiness

18. Sabrina October 17, 2008 8:19 am edit

Cute drawing!!!!

19. Redneck Mommy October 17, 2008 8:27 am edit

Laughing. That is a portrait I’d have framed and placed in a spot of honour. And I’d totally use it as the family Christmas card.

It rocks. And I’m giggling like a loon.

Redneck Mommy’s last blog post..Do it For Your Country

20. Jen October 17, 2008 8:52 am edit

Oh my gosh! So cute. We have some similar looking pictures around here too. Good work Nathan.

Jen’s last blog post..Sunshine on a Cloudy Day *UPDATE AT BOTTOM*

21. Sharon October 17, 2008 9:09 am edit

Hee! I love it! Kids drawings are truly the best things ever!

Sharon’s last blog post..It’s officially fall

22. LVGurl October 17, 2008 9:46 am edit

Fantastic idea! The drawing is absolute banner material.

And I push against the norm myself… so I would say YES, you should consider it for your Christmas cards! :)

LVGurl’s last blog post..Maui bound?again

23. hills October 17, 2008 9:57 am edit

Ha – I love it! My brother used to draw the same pictures when he was a kid – the giant circle head with the arms and legs sticking out. Except that he added a, umm, third leg to his stick people. Even the stick people who were supposed to be girls. My parents had a tough time explaining that one to his kindergarten teacher.

hills’s last blog post..You Are Crap, Yeah You Should Keep Your Eyes On Your New Little Brat

24. Kerri Anne October 17, 2008 1:14 pm edit

OK, so you already know that I LOVE this. Awesome on so many levels, indeed!

Kerri Anne’s last blog post..Top Design Isn’t About Fashion, Praise Be To The Fandex

25. Karmyn October 17, 2008 1:32 pm edit

DO it! do it! Definitely send this one out for Christmas.
    Also – I think it looks like the version of you that Nathan went with was “Mommy with makeup gone bad”.
    I love it.

Karmyn’s last blog post..Tea with Jam and Bread

26. Mrs. Wilson October 17, 2008 2:33 pm edit

I totally love that photo. It’s definitely a keeper. Or a framer.

Mrs. Wilson’s last blog post..CMHS Ornament Swap

27. chanelireli October 17, 2008 4:45 pm edit

I love it! I would totally send those out with my christmas cards!

28. Jazz October 18, 2008 8:14 am edit

Got to love preschoolers…too funny!

29. karen October 18, 2008 9:38 am edit

I think it’s cool. You’re pushing Emily and Matthew away and are maybe preparing to launch into the sky to be SUPER MOM :)
    Poor Lance’s big head is causing him to tip over! I love how Nathan is just chilling off to the side, with his head tilted, deep in thought about the family circus (complete with floating pets!).
    Hey do you guys really have a per mouse or is it the name of another pet?

karen’s last blog post..Melbourne..

30. angella October 18, 2008 9:46 am edit

No! We don’t have a pet mouse. At least not that I know of…

31. Hannah October 19, 2008 12:21 am edit

Very funny – but totally cute!! One to keep for the 21st party, me thinks! :-)

Hannah’s last blog post..Doing my best

32. Isabel Kallman October 19, 2008 5:02 pm edit

oh yes, totally needs to be the holiday card.

33. ali October 20, 2008 5:12 am edit

by far the BEST banner EVER.

love it.

34. Danica October 22, 2008 11:32 am edit

I’m thinking Uncle Lance must be a pretty cool guy. Bigger-than-life cool.

35. angella October 22, 2008 12:42 pm edit

He really, truly is :)

36. Sarcastic Mom October 25, 2008 6:20 pm edit

TOTALLY ROCKS.

Sarcastic Mom’s last blog post..Haiku Sick Sucks

37. Pam October 28, 2008 8:55 pm edit

Oh my goodness! This looks just like a picture my daughter drew of our family a few months ago! Someone said that we all looked like male appendages…

Pam’s last blog post..So I was blog surfing tonight…