Those of you who are regular readers know that we seem to thrive on The Crazy around here.  Life is crazy enough with three children under the age of six (Self-inflicted, I am completely aware.  As are my child-bearing hips), but then we go and throw trips to BlogHer and to shoot weddings and drive an hour and a half nearly every day for work, AND MY HEAD REALLY MIGHT EXPLODE.

I am so far behind in so many areas of my life that I am looking forward to this coming weekend when I will be DONE WORK and can maybe edit some of the photos I have taken in the last month.  These include the wedding I shot last weekend…and the one I shot yesterday afternoon (I know).

Instead of going into great detail (per usual) about how busy I am (per usual), I thought I would copy emulate Mona and her “Awesome. Not Awesome.” posts.  I personally use the word awesome more than a woman in her thirties should because it’s…um…AWESOME.

While the kids were eating lunch I managed to edit a bunch of photos I took of them last week having an afternoon snack of pretzels and Goldfish (staples around here) while sitting on the picnic table.  The photos may or may not have anything to do with the Awesome/Not awesome, but I loved them so much that I want to put them up.  If anything, my Mom will be happy to see her grandbabies (Hi Mom!).

Awesome: I had to drive over an hour last night to deliver exams back to the instructor.  Matthew and I turned it into a Date Night, complete with seats on a patio, tasty beverages and amazing food.  The dessert was phenomenal, but we had that at home. Ahem.

Graham

Not awesome: The dinner was so full of garlic that I awoke at 1 am suffocating under a stinky haze of nasty.  The two of us spent all night burping in our sleep.  I would not be surprised if you can smell me through your screen.

Awesome: I bought a sweet knee brace to help me so that I can get back into running.

Nathan

Not awesome: I made it five minutes into my run, only to have the (Public!) road blocked by two large, nasty dogs.  They barked and snarled at me and nearly made me crap my pants.  I turned around and booked it home with my (figurative) tail between my legs.

Awesome: Her hair! It keeps growing! And curling!

Emily

Not awesome: She has not let me put a barrette in her hair since the first/last time she let me.

Awesome:  Three days left of work!  The drive is over an hour long, but mileage is (more than) covered.

Not awesome:  The BC government is widening the highway.  If I don’t make it to a certain spot for specific (short) highway openings, I get to sit and wait for AN EXTRA HOUR.

Awesome: He now wipes his own bum.

Not awesome: The skid marks in his underwear.

Awesome: Her eyes in this photo.

Emily

Not awesome: The “see food”.  Case in point:

Awesome: His freckles.

Not awesome: The fact that he talks to me like he is fifteen, not five.

Awesome: We go to meet the doctor tomorrow regarding his ear surgery.

Not awesome: I have to actually think about him going under. Sigh.

Awesome: The Kissy Face.

Not awesome: She has started screaming.  Not yelling (that’s my area of expertise), SCREAMING.  At decibels so high that I am amazed that out windows don’t shatter.  Maybe I should take her on runs with me so she can scare the dogs away.

Now I need to dash out of here to make one of those rare highway openings.  What is awesome/not awesome with you?

comments

Comments:

1. Camels & Chocolate August 11, 2008 1:31 pm edit

Love it! I love love love all the photos!

And I dig the Awesome/Not Awesome posts, too!

Camels & Chocolate’s last blog post..Olympic Fever

2. Kerri Anne August 11, 2008 1:38 pm edit

Awesome: Getting to see Sizzle! and her fella this weekend. Not Awesome: Having to survive a heinous work week complete with company picnic (see also: forced fun, in the scorching sun) in the meantime.

(Also awesome? That last picture of Emily. Not that all of the pictures weren’t fantastic, because hi! your kids are ridiculously cute. But that picture wins.)

Kerri Anne’s last blog post..And The People Who Left Me Keep Asking When I’m Coming Back To Town, Part One Of Three

3. hills August 11, 2008 1:52 pm edit

Awesome: I’m married! For reals! Not that you didn’t already know that.

Not Awesome: I’m sick with the nastiest summer cold EVER. I fear this will turn into summer pneumonia like last year. I am a giant mucus receptacle. Shawn can’t keep his hands off me.

hills’s last blog post..We Can Get Married And Live In Our World

4. She Likes Purple August 11, 2008 1:56 pm edit

Awesome: The Olympics. I’m hooked.

Not Awesome: Forgetting what enjoying a meal was like.

Awesome: Our new swiffer Vac (it’s the little things).

Not Awesome: THE INSANELY HOT SUMMER WE’RE HAVING. (I want snow. And ice. AND PARKA WEATHER.)

She Likes Purple’s last blog post..Early Lessons In Parenting A Teenager

5. metalia August 11, 2008 2:00 pm edit

Awesome: Realizing that we’re leaving for vacation in a few short weeks

Not Awesome: Having to pack for said vacation. Not only for me, but for TWO children.

metalia’s last blog post..This is PRECISELY Why I Didn’t Read Harry Potter

6. Hannah August 11, 2008 2:16 pm edit

Cool post – love all the pics inbetween everything. All the “awesome” things are pretty great, bummer about some of the “not awesome” ones. Hopefully good outweighs bad though! ;-)

Hannah’s last blog post..WW: week 9

7. Kristin August 11, 2008 2:29 pm edit

The kissy Face is Awesome! :)

8. Krista August 11, 2008 2:37 pm edit

I’m sorry your boy has to be put under to get those tubes put in. I’ve had a few surgeries (general anesthesia, yes), and I didn’t have the nausea and vomiting ickiness until I was all grown up. Maybe, since he’s little, he’ll evade those symptoms.

Also, I went through several major ear infections in January…complete with muffled ears. It DOES sound like you’re in a pool. Also, it’s hard to tell where sound is coming from. The low-pitch sounds sound waaay louder than they are. And noisy rooms are overwhelming and sometimes painful. So it’ll be worth it for him to have the help he needs. I’m just sorry your mom-heart has to suffer while he does.

Krista’s last blog post..Out of Town

9. Brenda August 11, 2008 2:39 pm edit

My son had surgery for ear tubes six months ago. It was the best decision we ever made. His hearing was affecting his speech and the 20 minute surgery took care of all of that and he is talking non-stop now. I know you are worried but everything will work out for the best.

10. Elizabeth August 11, 2008 3:57 pm edit

Susannah’s been screaming since the day she was born. Not like she screams all the time, just when excited (pretty much whenever Hunter is around- awesome) and pissed off (like last night, when she got sick – not awesome). If you figure out how to tame that, let me know as I’m still working on it.

Elizabeth’s last blog post..One of a Kind

11. little miss mel August 11, 2008 4:48 pm edit

Looks like you’ve got another toe head on your hands!

great pics!

awesome. my baby is sleeping all night long.

not awesome. the fact that my baby can still wake up in the night.

little miss mel’s last blog post..Diego, you give dreams a bad name

12. Meg August 11, 2008 4:52 pm edit

Having your baby be able to hear you will be awesome. I wish I’d had tubes put in when I was younger, then maybe now I wouldn’t have diminished hearing :( Worrying about him being put under sucks though. But he is strong and brave, so he will be ok!
    Congrats on the bum-wiping and hair-growing!

Meg’s last blog post..Mind Shift!

13. Heather August 11, 2008 5:37 pm edit

I may have to run with awesome/not awesome because if not I will just tell everyone how exhausted I am.

Heather’s last blog post..We paid a bit more than a tuppance for this

14. slynnro August 11, 2008 6:33 pm edit

Is it just me or is Emily a LOT blonder all of the sudden?

slynnro’s last blog post..Scenes From a Marriage: This is How We Plan a Vacation Edition.

15. Rebecca (Bearca) August 11, 2008 6:56 pm edit

The thing that strikes me is how happy all three of your kids look in each and every one of these photos. And that? Is awesome. :)

16. Mrs. Wilson August 11, 2008 8:00 pm edit

Awesome: Dinner is done and the kids are (almost all) in bed.
    Not awesome: I have to get up at 5 am and I’m not tired enough to go to bed yet. Blah!

I hope you have a great party when your work thing is done!!

Mrs. Wilson’s last blog post..Ode to my Family: My Other Brother

17. Kami August 11, 2008 8:16 pm edit

Awesome: 5 counseling sessions done
    Not awesome: 5 to go plus another Q to mark

Kami’s last blog post..Jay and I, sitting in a tree….

18. Rhi August 11, 2008 10:57 pm edit

My best friend and I use Awesome. Not Awesome when shopping.

So, here is my post surgery edition of Awesome. Not Awesome

Awesome: I still have both my ovaries and both my tubes.

Not Awesome: I need to decide like NOW if I want kids so my doctor can come up with a course of treatment for me.

On a much happier note: Emily’s hair! I love it! And, so pretty and light from the sun! (I’m guessing it’s lightened a bit, it looks like it!)

Rhi’s last blog post..this post may or may not be full of lies

19. Michele August 12, 2008 12:54 am edit

Miss E does the kissy face? That’s “awesome”!!!

Awesome: Don’t have to work tomorrow!

Not Awesome: I still have to get up early!

20. ali August 12, 2008 6:38 am edit

i do something similar on my site called the boo/yay game.

LOVE miss emily doing the kissy face!

21. The Over-Thinker August 12, 2008 7:08 am edit

Awesome? I’ve been on the Weight-Watchers wagon since returning from Jackson Hole and am down a bunch of weight.

Not Awesome? Being 31 years old and having my first ear infection since the third grade.

The Over-Thinker’s last blog post..Hey! Look over there! A post!

22. Elaine August 12, 2008 11:33 am edit

Awesome: these pics of the kiddos! So cute!

I love this awesome/not awesome thing. I may have to copy some day. It’s kind of meme-ish! HA! : )

Elaine’s last blog post..Overheard

23. Loralee August 12, 2008 12:57 pm edit

School starts in a week and I am DROWNING. So, I hear you.

And? Dude, the little girl is learning to do the mama’s “Kissy Face”

Awesome.

Loralee’s last blog post..Sideblog: Enter to give someone special a $20,000 THANK YOU!

24. Shelly August 12, 2008 1:35 pm edit

Awesome: Just finished a relaxing week of holidays in Montreal visiting my birthmom and half sister!

Not Awesome: Back at work….it SUCKS!!

Shelly’s last blog post..Parlez Vous Francais?!

25. Tracee Sioux August 12, 2008 2:14 pm edit

I’m relieved to hear someone else say their young child talks to them like they are teenagers. I thought it was just me and it was freaking me out.

26. sweetney August 13, 2008 11:03 am edit

awesome: setting boundaries for sanity.

not awesome: not always being able to stick inside those boundaries.

baby steps, my friend :)